It can happen to anyone. You get hit in the mouth by a heavy object, trip and fall while running, or suffer an accident and break your tooth. While teeth are one of the strongest substances in the world, they can still fracture, and our job is to restore your smile back to beautiful again.
Even though you may not feel pain, a broken tooth, with its jagged ridges, is extremely noticeable, both by touch and by sight. If you break your tooth we recommend taking these steps:
1. Call a dentist immediately. You could have a damaged nerve or blood vessel as a result of the fracture, and we’ll be able to ensure that there aren’t any major health concerns.
2. Collect any broken bits of the tooth that you can find and bring them into our office with you.
3. Rinse your mouth with warm water and apply constant pressure to the fracture if your mouth is bleeding.
4. Apply ice or a cold pack to your mouth to reduce potential swelling.
5. If you’re unable to get into our office right away, you can purchase dental cement to cover the part of your tooth that is still in your mouth.
6. Once you get to our office, we’ll take a closer look to see if your nerve is in danger. If it is, we’ll perform a root canal.
7. We’ll offer you a treatment plan, such as dental implants, to restore your smile and bring you back to health again.
Breaking a tooth doesn’t have to be an embarrassment. We can give you the comfort, support, and treatment you need to smile confidently again.
Did you just break a tooth? If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact our team or make an appointment. Our incredible staff will give you the best dental care possible.