Over time, the way that your mouth is shaped and the way it functions can change. Stress, use, and aging all can have a big impact on the evolution of your bite. A bite is considered healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not decaying with normal daily usage. However, when your jaw joints and your bite are no longer in harmony, your body will most definitely let you know through headaches, pain, and other ailments. When that happens, we perform a bite adjustment to bring your bite back into the proper alignment.
Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. Therapy can include:
– Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and removing spots of excessive pressure where the teeth come in contact. We do this by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
– Use a custom-fitted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart during the day, night or both. This is called bite-splint therapy.
– Using braces to reposition misaligned or drifted teeth.
– Replacing old, worn out or damaged fillings
– Reconstructing badly worn and damaged teeth
If you have any questions about a bite adjustment or TMJ or if you would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact our team or make an appointment. Our incredible staff will give you the best dental care possible.