The American Dental Association’s health policy department recently released a report on the state of dental health and well-being in the United States (click here to view the infographic).
Among the most interesting tidbits in the report:
– 1 in 4 Americans are embarrassed to smile, due to poor dental health
– 35% of young adults have difficulty biting and chewing
– 97% of people value dental health
– 82% believe that straight, bright teeth help you get ahead in life
– 77% of people make a goal to visit the dentist within the next year, while only 37% follow through with an appointment
– Cost is the top reason that people don’t visit the dentist (across all incomes and age groups)
Our office works hard to provide affordable options for patients, offering a variety of Groupons and other benefits to help our patients afford the treatment and care they need.
If you have any questions about how to improve your dental health or if you would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact our team or make an appointment. Our incredible staff will give you the best dental care possible.